Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pumpking Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup


So I really enjoy pumpkin things...and apple...and cinnamon. I've been wanting to try pumpkin pancakes and since tonight was a dreary rainy it was a perfect combo!

Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t ground cloves
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 salt
1 2/3 cups buttermilk (I used kefir)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs, lightly beaten (I used egg beaters, 3/4c)
1 T melted butter

In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
In a medium bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin, eggs, and melted butter.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.
Dollop the batter in 1/3 cup amounts on griddle, about 300 degrees. Cook until tops bubble, and cook on other side.
I placed my already cooked ones in the oven set at 250 degrees to keep them warm.

This made about 20 pancakes for me, plenty for my family!

Cinnamon Syrup
Try to not lick the bowl, oh my! I enjoy trying other syrups...the rest of my family? Yea right! If I didn't have maple syrup to eat with pancakes there would likely be a riot here.

1/2 cup raw sugar (can use white sugar, I love the flavor of raw)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/8 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
2/3 cup water
2 T butter

Bring to a boil all ingredients BUT the butter. Reduce heat to medium and allow the syrup to thicken. Once thickened, remove from heat and add butter. Stir until melted. Serve warm over the pancakes.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment