Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu for the week of September 27th

Dinner time was a whirl wind of a crazy flustered Mom before I started menu planning. It has really helped my home to run smoothly, and to keep me a much happier person. I've grown to love my kitchen instead of hate it. I spend free time looking for new recipes to try. We spend a lot less on groceries since we rarely eat out and I'm searching for sales and using coupons to incorporate into my menu. I also enjoy cooking up freezer meals to have on hand if someone is ever in need of a meal. Menu planning frees up that time for me to be able to bless other people!

So here we go. This week! I'm missing chicken in my menu, but it hasn't been on sale (or the sale hasn't lined up with payday!) I can't wait to cook with chicken again. I'm also loving my crockpot. Now that school is back in session and cooler temps have returned I find myself pulling it out multiple times a week. What's your favorite crockpot recipe??

Monday: Breakfast - I have been trying to have something other than cereal 1/2 of the mornings for breakfast...BUT my kids have been requesting cereal lately! So I'm going to plan out a warm breakfast as I have been but will most likely be taking requests.
Dinner - Beef Stroganoff...I'm not really following a recipe. Just tossing stuff in the crockpot after reading a bunch of different recipes. I'm NOT a fan of mushroom but love the flavor of this dish (weird I know!!) I also make my own cream of whatever soup instead of using canned.

Tuesday: Breakfast - I have Mom's Group in the morning so I'm going to make an orange coffee cake (or maybe I'll switch to apple since I have a bunch to use!)
Dinner - Pulled Beef BBQ Sandwiches (I'm going to put the beef in the crockpot and cook it over night tonight and then let it sit on low tomorrow with the sauce for dinner. My Dad is joining us after work.

Wednesday: Breakfast - Peanut Butter Muffins I haven't made these before! New Recipe!
Dinner - Quick Dinner of Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup before heading to church

Thursday: Breakfast - Cereal
Dinner - Breakfast for dinner...I have some french bread to use up so I'm thinking a casserole.

Friday: Breakfast - Oatmeal
Dinner - Our typical homemade pizza

Saturday: Crazy crazy day. Sam has worship team practice, we sing at the nursing home, and we are having a birthday celebration for dinner for my Dad and Sister! I'm in the process of making an ice cream cake. I'll make a banana cream pie for my Dad. I'm making meatballs and sauce for my crockpot. I'm also thinking I'll either make homemade bread or garlic cheese bread-sticks to go with it.

Sunday: We always play Sunday by ear. Sometimes we go out after church, we usually go to my parents house. If we leave after we eat then we have snacks here at home. If not, we have snacks in the evening with my parents. So we will see what the day brings!

Head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas! What are you cooking this week?

1 comment:

  1. your dinners sound great! i love night like tomato soup and grill cheese. easy but delish!

    ReplyDelete