Monday, August 16, 2010

Whole Wheat Pancakes

I know, I didn't get a picture of these...we ate them up before the thought even entered my mind. They were GOOD. So so so good. This is my tweaked recipe, not the original.

Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 egg (next time I MIGHT use egg beaters)
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I did use some white whole wheat since my whole wheat is gone :( so sad!)
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 T ground flax seed
1 1/2 cup Kefir (I probably did more like 2 cups to get the batter thinned out)
1/2 cup apple sauce - unsweetened
6 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (but I love a heavy cinnamon flavor!)
A dash of vanilla (maybe 1 tsp? I didn't measure...)

Mix it all together. Cook in a heated griddle, I keep mine around 300. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour the batter out.

Makes 20 pancakes, 2 pancakes per serving (don't worry we all at more than the per serving! :) )

Cals: 110.0
Fat: .4g
Carbs: 22.1g
Protein: 5.5g
I wish the info gave the fiber amount!

Enjoy! Let me know how you like them or what you do to tweak the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment